PWA overall guiding vision is the equitable and sustainable management and development of Palestine’s water resources . This, to secure an environmentally sound and sustainable development of water resources through efficient regulations and equitable water management. Moreover the values to which PWA ascribes aim to regulate and develop water resources in a sustainable manner that reflects equality for the regional users of shared resources.
The Goals which are set by PWA, in order to achieve the mission in accordance with the values adopted, are to define the optimum way to regulate, manage, protect and conserve the limited water resources as well as to optimize the benefit from water resources development by raising water consumption to levels which provide for a healthy environment and economic development.
The main aims of the Palestinian Water Authority are:
- Guarantee the most efficient management of available water resources in to achieve the balance between available water quantities and qualities, and the needs of the Palestinian people in present and in the future.
- Apply the water policy approved by the National Water Council.
- Monitor water project and fully overview their implementation through governmental bodies, municipal councils or individuals.
- Achieve highest level of cooperation between local administrative bodies to increase its efficiency in managing water use and estimating future demands.
- Achieve highest level of cooperation among them and all parties with common interest.
The Palestinian Water Authority undertakes the following functions:
- Support centralization of the hydrological data collection and publishing of all water resources data and information.
- Plan, design, establish, manage and maintain laboratories, experimental station, and research centers.
- Issue permits licenses, concessions for any type of water utilization or wastewater end use.
- Evaluate projects related to water resources prior to licensing its implementation.
- Participate in the preparation of regional water plans, supervise and monitor individual water projects as well as the preparation of a national water plan.
- Specify and allocate water utilization for any purpose and resolve disputes that may arise from water use.
- Prepare reports regarding water projects that have been approved for implementation and put forward plans for its implementation, clarifying its costs and all related matters according to what the National Water Council asks for.
- Implement, inspect and manage all water resources and their different use.
- Regulate and instruct the establishment of all private and public groundwater wells and explore ground water resources.
Email: [email protected]